5 Simple Rubber Stamping Ideas for a Beginner
Every beginner experiences a fair share of difficulty in the card making process. Yes there are many resources like magazines, websites and other sources that offer a lot of inspiration. However, the real challenge comes when it’s time to put some of these ideas into practice. That’s why we found it important to cover some practical rubber stamping ideas that every beginner can use.
Remember that you have to consider the needs of your client when using any of these techniques. The type of card an 8 year old wants is not similar to what a 40 year old would find attractive. Having said that, let’s look at some popular rubber stamping techniques to get you started.
- The easiest way to enhance your images is by using glitter. Glitters give the card a little extra sparkle and they come across as striking for both adults and children. However, you may want to minimize on the glitter when decorating for an adult.
- If you want to create interesting backgrounds for your stamped images then try and use alcohol ink. It’s not frequently used in rubber stamping, but it can work out great if you want to produce very beautiful backgrounds for rubber stamping images.
- You can also use rubber stamps to create very nice add-ons for your cards. For instance, you can stamp an image of a beautiful flower with a simple outline and then define it by using a little glitter. When done, cut it out and then use it to decorate a card instead of having to purchase new embellishments. We know that rubber stamping embellishments don’t come cheap so this can be a great way to save and still come up with unique designs.
- If you want to create a rubber stamped background then you can start by randomly stamping a single image on your card or paper several times. Avoid adding ink so that some of the images appear lighter than the others. This multiple stamping will create a beautiful background on the paper.
- Don’t get tired of sourcing for inspiration and ideas. There are lots of card making magazines and websites that you can use as a tool to improve your rubber stamping skills. Feel free to implement out of the box ideas instead of trying to play it safe all the time. After all, an innovative designwill only come if you take some level of risk.